Types of NYCRC Projects
The NYCRC will work in conjunction with private developers as well as New York City government entities and economic development non-profits to select a broad range of real estate projects.
The NYCRC targets investments in a diversified portfolio of real
estate projects such as:
- Office Buildings – these are buildings developed for general office use. New York City is one of the largest office building markets in the world, and the opportunities for office development, rehabilitation, and upgrading are significant.
- Civic Buildings – these are buildings developed for governmental or public use, such as schools, community centers, transit centers, courthouses, etc.
- Retail Stores – these buildings can be free standing or within a larger development project.
- Hotels – these buildings can be free standing or within a larger development project. Often a hotel development project will include restaurant, retail, and residential components as well.
- Restaurants – these buildings can be free standing or within a larger development project which often include a hotel.
- Sports and Entertainment Buildings — these are buildings housing sports and entertainment facilities
- Light Industrial and Warehouses – throughout New York City, older and functionally obsolete manufacturing buildings are being rehabilitated and retrofitted with modern electrical, high speed communications, and environmental systems that are more compatible with 21st century needs and requirements. New York City is at the forefront of this rehabilitation effort and many such projects are available throughout the city.
- Mixed-Use (commercial and residential) – these buildings often include some combination of those listed above. For example, a hotel, restaurant and residential apartments may all be included in one mixed-use development project.
The NYCRC is also approved to provide loans for the film and television industry.